Springdale, Arkansas Car Accident Lawyer
Residents of Springdale are hardworking individuals who wake up each day ready to face the trials of an early morning commute to work. For many residents, driving their vehicles to work, or anywhere else, is second nature. The idea of being in a car accident is an afterthought for some. What is on the minds of many who are driving is simply reaching their destination and perhaps enjoying Arkansas’s lush scenery on the way.
Unfortunately, there may be others on the road who are not as attentive, or who even choose to drive while fatigued or intoxicated. This can result in catastrophic car accidents for everyone involved. The sad fact about auto accidents is that they often have life-changing consequences by causing devastating injuries that result in serious impairment or permanent disability.
If you have recently been in a car accident in Springdale, Arkansas or the surrounding area, and have suffered serious injuries as a result, you should speak with an experienced attorney today. The personal injury and car accident attorneys of Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP, are here to fight for you when a negligent or reckless driver strikes. To schedule your free and confidential consultation with our Springdale car crash lawyers, call (479) 717-9068 or contact us online.
Arkansas Auto Accident Statistics
On average, there are over 50,000 car accidents which occur in the state of Arkansas each year. Complete yearly statistics for car accidents in Arkansas have only been compiled up to 2014, but we can still compare these stats to previous years. For example, in Arkansas in 2014 there were 60,947 total car accidents reported, a 4.3% increase from 2013. Other facts from the year are that:
- 436 of the crashes reported were fatal, a 5.4% decrease from 2013
- 470 fatalities occurred due to crashes, a 5.8% decrease from 2013
- 206 fatalities were related to drugs or alcohol, a 1.5% increase from 2013
Over 400 people dying from car accidents in our state is a tragic thing to think about. However, in comparison to previous years, Arkansas’s roads are gradually becoming safer. For instance, 665 people were reportedly killed in car accidents in 2006, and 560 people were reportedly killed in 2012. According to the Arkansas State Police, Arkansas has:
- 26 reported fatalities in January 2018
- 26 reported fatalities in February 2018
- 34 reported fatalities in March 2018
In Springdale, the fourth biggest city in Arkansas, there were 1,987 car accidents in 2014. There were four fatal crashes and four deaths because of those crashes. A total of 479 injury-causing crashes were recorded, resulting in 654 injuries to drivers in Springdale.
Reasons for Serious or Fatal Car Crashes
There are thousands of motorists on the roadways, even in a small city like Springdale with a population of about 70,000. This means there is a fairly high probability that, at any given time, someone is driving in a manner which will cause a collision, either because they are distracted, tired, or many other variables. Here are some common explanations for why serious or fatal car accidents happen:
- Speeding – You have likely witnessed drivers weaving through traffic at speeds up to double the speed limit. This is a common way that accidents are caused, and car accidents at high speeds frequently cause serious or fatal injuries.
- Drunk/Impaired Driving – Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will dull a driver’s instincts and ability to focus. People are hurt and killed every day due to drunk or impaired drivers.
- Poor Weather Conditions – A rainstorm or snowstorm will cause most drivers to slow down and drive cautiously. Even so, some drivers will not drive carefully or are simply inexperienced with driving in adverse weather.
- Distracted Drivers – Today, there are all kinds of technologies and gadgets in our cars, including our phones. This causes some drivers to split their attention between the road and whatever new technology is popular, obviously resulting in unsafe driving and accidents.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
There are many different types of injuries that can occur due to car accidents. Some common examples of injuries that can occur from crashes and collisions include:
- Neck and back injuries like whiplash or herniated discs
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Cuts or lacerations from debris and broken glass
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries like concussions
- Leg injuries
This is not an exhaustive list of all possible injuries. Our firm has handled many different types of personal injury claims involving vehicular accidents in Springdale, and may be able to represent you if you sustained an injury on this list, or another type of injury, because of a car accident.
Consult with Springdale Car Accident Attorneys About Your Claim
Unsafe drivers should be held accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, or if your spouse or family member was killed in a car accident due to a negligent or reckless driver, speak with an experienced car accident injury attorney immediately.
We represent car accident victims in Springdale and the surrounding communities of Arkansas. To learn more about how Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP may be able to help with your Springdale car accident claim, contact our law offices at (479) 717-9068 for a free consultation.