Fayetteville Car Accident Lawyer
Owning a car and commuting a minimum of several miles to work is an extremely common and routine fact of modern life for most individuals. Traveling by high-speed in cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles and other vehicles allows Arkansans to live further from where they work and to engage in an array of activities in locations throughout northwest Arkansas and the region. Commuters and drivers in our area blessed to have a picturesque landscape that we all too often take for granted, but the views and vistas on our commutes would make many people throughout the nation extremely jealous.
Unfortunately, there is a dark side to travel by car. While it Is certainly true that an injury due to an accident can occur at any time, the high-speed nature of travel by car often means that when accidents do occur, they are serious and potentially life-altering. Furthermore, the higher than average levels of the truck and commercial freight traffic from the Bentonville-area further increases the risk of serious injuries.
If you’ve suffered a serious injury due to a negligent or reckless driver, you shouldn’t be forced to subsidize their dangerous behavior. The personal injury and car accident lawyers of Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP may be able to fight for compensation for you. To schedule a confidential consultation, call Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP at 479-717-9068 today or contact us online.
Causes of Car Accidents
Serious car accidents are unfortunately currently an unavoidable part of modern life. However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t explore why the reasons why they occur and potential means to reduce their occurrence. Factors that lead to an increased risk of a car crash include:
- Distracted driving– The proliferation of mobile phones and other handheld devices means that drivers can be distracted by messages and notifications arrive. Furthermore, automakers seem to be engaged in a technological arms race to provide increasingly advanced in-vehicle entertainment systems.
- Drunk or drugged driving– Consuming alcohol or any type of drugs before driving decreases one’s ability to make wise and prudent decisions while simultaneously increasing one’s reaction time. Alcohol and certain substances can make it more difficult for drivers to maintain control of their vehicle.
- Adverse weather conditions– Ice, snow, heavy rains, and fog can all increase stopping distance or decrease visibility. Drivers must modify their driving behaviors to be safe for dangerous road Drivers who fail to reduce their speed and drive with additional care increase the accident risk for all.
- Fatigued driving – Some studies have shown that driving without sufficient sleep can result in effects that are similar to drunk driving. Commercial drivers including truck drivers are particularly vulnerable to fatigued driving.
- Vehicle malfunction – Manufacturers frequently recall Equipment used in vehicles for a number of For example, if a tire manufacturer believes it developed a tire that is prone to blowout under certain circumstances, they will likely issue a tire recall on that particular model. If you are in a car accident due to malfunctioning equipment, the manufacturer of that item may be liable for your injuries.
The above captures only some of the reasons why car accidents occur. In many circumstances, accidents occur because multiple factors combine to make an accident unavoidable.
Where Do Serious Car Accidents Occur in Arkansas?
While accidents can occur on any road, the most serious crashes often occur on major highways where vehicles travel at high rates of speed. US 49 is the main thoroughfare that passes through Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, and Bella Vista. US 49 is also a highway where a significant amount of commuter and heavy truck and freight traffic combines. Drivers who fail to account for the various types of traffic on the road significantly increase the odds of a serious accident. Other major roads in the area where serious accidents can occur include Highway 16 to the west of Fayetteville, State Highway 16, and Round Mountain Road to the east of Fayetteville.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
An array of injuries can occur in a serious car accident. Car crashes subject the vehicle occupants to significant and violent forces that can change rapidly. Injuries that can potentially be sustained in a car crash include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken and fractured bones
- Severe bruises and contusions
- Internal organ damage
These are only a few of the possible injuries one can sustain in an accident. In many cases, multiple injuries can be inflicted that gives rise to life-altering or life-ending circumstances.
What to Do After a Serious Car Accident
If you are involved in a serious car accident, you should contact law enforcement and an ambulance for any injured motorists or pedestrians. Receiving medical treatment for your injuries should be your primary concern. Be sure to inform the medical team how you received your injuries so that you can begin to document your potential case.
If your injuries allow you to remain at the scene of the accident, you should gather evidence that can help with your claim. First, you should speak with the driver that hit you and exchange information. Be sure to get the negligent motorist’s license, license plate, vehicle model, and insurance carrier.
Once law enforcement arrives and processes the scene of the accident, you should request a copy of the police report. This piece of evidence may not benefit you in court, but it may help your insurance company determine how the accident occurred. Car accidents where a person was injured or that resulted in property damage should be reported to law enforcement.
Take the time to speak with any witnesses that observed the accident and that are willing to provide you with a statement. Be sure to obtain contact information for these witnesses as well.
You should also take extensive photographs of the scene of the accident. Make a note of whether it was clear and sunny or whether it was raining profusely. Some dishonest drivers may allege that there were adverse weather conditions that contributed to the accident, photographs of the scene will help you rebut that false claim. Be sure to take photographs of your injuries and the damage to your vehicles and any other vehicles involved in the crash.
Once you have finished gathering evidence at the site of the crash, you should report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. If a representative of the negligent driver’s insurance company contacts you, you should consider referring them to your lawyer. The other driver’s insurance company will attempt to minimize your claim. However, our firm is here to help you handle this case and interactions with an insurance company adjuster.
Work with Fayetteville, Arkansas Car Accident Lawyers
If you have been hurt due to a reckless or careless driver, you may be seeking options to hold the responsible party financially accountable. At Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP, our firm is prepared to provide you with the unique legal representation you need to pursue your car accident claim. To schedule a confidential consultation with an aggressive and strategic personal injury litigator, call the car accident injury attorneys of Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP today at 479-717-9068 or contact us online.