Fayetteville Car Accident Lawyers
Why Do Serious Car Accidents Occur?
Owning a car and commuting a minimum of several miles to work is an extremely common and routine fact of modern life for most individuals. Traveling by high-speed in cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles and other vehicles allows Arkansans to live further from where they work and to engage in an array of activities in locations throughout northwest Arkansas and the region. Commuters and drivers in our are blessed to have a picturesque landscape that we all too often take for granted, but the views and vistas on our commutes would make many people throughout the nation extremely jealous.
Unfortunately, there is a dark side to travel by car. While it Is certainly true that an injury due to an accident can occur at any time, the high-speed nature of travel by car often means that when accidents do occur they are serious and potentially life-altering. Furthermore, the higher than average levels of the truck and commercial freight traffic from the Bentonville-area further increases the risk of serious injuries.
If you’ve suffered a serious injury due to a negligent or reckless driver, you shouldn’t be forced to subsidize their dangerous behavior. The personal injury and car accident lawyers of Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP may be able to fight for compensation for you. To schedule a confidential consultation call 479-439-9840 today or contact us online.
Serious car accidents are unfortunately currently an unavoidable part of modern life. However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t explore why the reasons why they occur and potential means to reduce their occurrence. Factors that lead to an increased risk of a car crash include:
- Distracted driving – The proliferation of mobile phones and other handheld devices means that drivers can be distracted by messages and notifications arrive. Furthermore, automakers seem to be engaged in a technological arms race to provide increasingly advanced in-vehicle entertainment systems.
- Drunk or drugged driving – Consuming alcohol or any type of drugs before driving decreases one’s ability to make wise and prudent decisions while simultaneously increasing one’s reaction time. Alcohol and certain substances can make it more difficult for drivers to maintain control of their vehicle.
- Adverse weather conditions – Ice, snow, heavy rains, and fog can all increase stopping distance or decrease visibility. Drivers must modify their driving behaviors to be safe for the road conditions. Drivers who fail to reduce their speed and drive with additional care increase the accident risk for all.
- Fatigued driving – Some studies have show that driving without sufficient sleep can result in effects that are similar to drunk driving. Commercial drivers including truck drivers are particularly vulnerable to fatigued driving.
The above captures only some of the reasons why car accidents occur. In many circumstances, accidents occur because multiple factors combine to make an accident unavoidable.
Where Can Serious Car Accidents Occur in Northwest Arkansas?
While accidents can occur on any road, the most serious crashes often occur on major highways where vehicles travel at high rates of speed. US 49 is the main thoroughfare that passes through Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville and Bella Vista. US 49 is also a highway where a significant amount of commuter and heavy truck and freight traffic combines. Drivers who fail to account for the various types of traffic on the road significantly increase the odds of a serious accident. Other major roads in the area where serious accidents can occur include Highway 16 to the west of Fayetteville, State Highway 16, and Round Mountain Road to the east of Fayetteville.
What Types of Injuries Occur in Car Accidents?
An array of injuries can occur in a serious car accident. Car crashes subject the vehicle occupants to significant and violent forces that can change rapidly. Injuries that can potentially be sustained in a car crash include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken and fractured bones
- Severe bruises and contusions
- Internal organ damage
These are only a few of the possible injuries one can sustain in an accident. In many cases, multiple injuries can be inflicted that gives rise to life-altering or life-ending circumstances.
Work with Fayetteville, Arkansas Car Accident Lawyers
If you have been hurt due to a reckless or careless driver, you may be seeking options to hold the responsible party financially accountable. To schedule a confidential consultation with an aggressive and strategic personal injury litigator call the car accident injury attorneys of Gunn Kieklak Dennis, LLP today at 479-439-9840 or contact us online.